Greenes Garden Things
Welcome to Greene's Garden Things! Our Forum is Free to use, just Register, then Log in and join us on the forums! We're waiting to hear from you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Greenes Garden Things
Welcome to Greene's Garden Things! Our Forum is Free to use, just Register, then Log in and join us on the forums! We're waiting to hear from you!
Greenes Garden Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hello from Australia
by Theresa Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:00 pm

» Went to Springfield Illinois to give a presentation
by Josh Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:52 pm

» custom guitar how it sounds
by Josh Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:27 pm

» Won at the 4-H and county fair!
by Josh Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:23 pm

» I made my own guitar for a 4-H Fair project!
by Josh Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:58 pm

» What would you say if I told you how to make a raised bed garden at $0.00 cost
by Josh Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:19 pm

» Miniature Hinni
by Theresa Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:48 pm

» Terrarium
by Theresa Fri May 30, 2014 9:54 pm

» Double red wave petunias
by Theresa Tue May 06, 2014 10:07 pm

» A new addtion to our compost maker
by Josh Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:20 am

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Greenes Garden Things on your social bookmarking website

Flag Counter
Free counters!

introduce yourself

3 posters

Go down

introduce yourself Empty introduce yourself

Post  julieluvs2garden Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Hello, I'm Julie and I am in process of becoming a certified herb garden in IL. I love plants, every single one of them, and I love to share plants and seeds and give garden tours. So glad I found your site. Very Happy

julieluvs2garden

Back to top Go down

introduce yourself Empty Re: introduce yourself

Post  Theresa Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi julieluvs2garden introduce yourself Action-smiley-030

We're glad you found the site! Josh will be happy to know someone who also has a Certified Illinois Herb Garden!

Can't wait to hear all about your gardens, and take pictures and share with us!
Theresa
Theresa

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi Julieluvs2garden

How far are you with your Certified Illinois Herb Garden? Did you just make your garden or did you already have it made? I made mine last year and it's doing really good so far this year. I don't know a lot about herbs, but this is a great way to learn!

Br sure to post pictures!
Josh
Josh

https://greenesgardenthings.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

introduce yourself Empty cert herb garden

Post  julieluvs2garden Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Josh- This is the third year for my garden- I have almost all the herbs already and meet all the criteria, and I love to share and give tours. So it is a perfect match. I'd say I know a lot about herbs ;-) So after hearing about it at the Herb Show in MT Vernon (were you there?) I emailed them and asked to be certified. I am going to call them when I get it ready, as i want more things to come up and grow a bit.
I didn't have horseradish but i got it from a friend and savory. I planted seeds and waiting for it to come up. How did I post pictures on here?
Julie

julieluvs2garden

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:20 pm

Julieluvs2garden, yes I was at the herb show, did you see Deborah Lee's class of her talking about the Certified Illinois Herb Garden? She had me come up and she showed pictures of mine and I talked a little about mine.

The easiest way to post the pictures, or at least the way I do it, is I use photobucket for a place to put my pictures online, and then I post them here.

check it out at photobucket.com
It's free to use and I have tons of pictures there. You can see my photobucket albums here https://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp259/flowerfriend/SFG/

Or do you already have a place that you store photos online?
Josh
Josh

Back to top Go down

introduce yourself Empty posting pix

Post  julieluvs2garden Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Josh- I figure out how to post pictures.
Yes I saw Deborah Lee's presentation but not the one you were at.
Guess it was another one. She is the one that inspired me to get certified. How many people come to see your garden? Do they call you first? I've been going to the herb show for years, I love it!
Hope you can come visit my garden sometime. Smile
Julie

julieluvs2garden

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Julie here is a short video of me talking with Deborah Lee, I was really nervous!

introduce yourself DLeeJosh

I had the Herb Club come over and have their meeting and see the herb garden and the Jefferson Co. Master Gardeners had their meeting and I did a short program on the herb garden. We have had several people just stop by and view it and the other gardens too.

I'll have to come and see your gardens and you will have to come and see mine.

Are you a member of the Herbs for Health and Fun Club? They are the ones who do the Midwestern Herb and Garden Show each year. If your not already a member, I would like to invite you to come join or just come to a meeting and visit as mine and my mom's guest! I am a student member and my mom is a member. They have a pot luck dinner at each meeting and when it's warm out they have the meetings twice a month at members homes, and in the winter at the Jefferson Co. extension office. I like to go see the members gardens, but I'm not much for the dinners, well, maybe the deserts Very Happy
Josh
Josh

Back to top Go down

introduce yourself Empty introduce your self

Post  julieluvs2garden Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Josh, i would like to come to a meeting sometime.
There is a lady from my town that belongs and I have thought of coming with her. I can't think of her name right now. But I will find it and call her. She is an older lady and I could drive her ;-) Let me know when the next one will be.

julieluvs2garden

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Julie, the next meeting is April 16th at the Extension Office in Mt. Vernon.
Hope to see you there!
Josh
Josh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum